- Barely the size of a kumquat - a around an inch or so long from crown to bottom.- Weighs less than a quarter of an ounce.
- Completed the most critical portion of development.
- The beginning of the fetal period - a time when the tissues and organs in the body rapidly grow and mature.
- Swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm (we got to see the activity during the ultra sound yesterday - so cute!).
- Vital organs — including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) — are in place and starting to function, they'll continue to develop throughout the pregnancy.
- Tiny nails forming on fingers and toes.
- Peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow.
- Will double in size in the coming weeks - to nearly 3 inches.
- Uterus is as big as a grapefruit.
- Some clothes are starting to feel a little tight.
- Feeling nauseous, mostly in the evenings.
- Living on toast and fruit at the moment, although I have had a few actual meals throughout the week and seemed to do pretty well with most of them. Had Taco Bell yesterday and felt fine after so *maybe* the worst is over??
- Tired and sleeping a lot.
- Headaches, a lot!
We had an unexpected ultrasound appointment yesterday which turned out to be amazing because we got good news and got to see the baby, he/she was very active and jumping all over the place. The ultrasound tech took her measurements and pictures and said everything looked perfect and the baby was measuring exactly on schedule.