Green Bean Salad - a side dish
Fresh Green Beans
Plum, Cherry or Grape Tomatoes – whatever you like or have available
Fresh Basil – chopped into small confetti like pieces
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese - I use the block and cut it into smaller cubes
1 Bottle Italian Dressing
1. Wash the green beans. Snap the stem ends off and snap the beans into bite sized pieces.
2. Boil water drop beans in and cook for a few minutes – you want them to be crisp not soggy.
3. While the green beans are cooking, chop the mozzarella into bite sized cubes, chip the basil and halve the tomatoes. If they are small enough you can add them whole.
4. When the green beans are done poor the hot water out and put the beans into cold water. This helps to keep them crisp and cool them faster.
5. Once the beans are cool and everything else is chopped add everything to a large serving bowl. All the Italian dressing and serve.
NOTE: Use as much or as little of each ingredient as you like. This salad is also good the next day, after the dressing has had time to soak in.