Saturday, June 26, 2010
(All photos are clickable) (Above photos courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/)
- This week, baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels.
- He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes.
- With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through the womb.
- He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
- The third and final trimester starts this week!
- Lots of foot/ankle/leg swelling this week (as you can see in last Wednesday’s post). The swelling has been so bad it hurts to walk or wiggle my toes. When my feet are flat on the floor my toes don't touch the floor anymore! I contribute most of that to the terrible sunburn I got from going to the beach last weekend for our 1st wedding anniversary.
- Around this time, some women feel an unpleasant "creepy-crawly" sensation in their lower legs and an irresistible urge to move them while trying to relax or sleep. If this sensation is at least temporarily relieved when you move, you may have what's known as restless legs syndrome (RLS). I have been experiencing this but I just contributed it to the healing sunburn, we will see if it sticks around once the sunburn is completely healed.
- Not much else to report, the headaches I once had on a regular basis have subsided. The back pain hasn’t been too bad this week and I have only had the nerve pinching pain a few times.
- Lots of crazy baby movement all the time!
- My weight: 146 lbs according to the wii.
- I had the rhogam injection last Monday and it wasn’t too bad.
- All of last weeks blood work came back fine. I passed the glucose test!