Saturday, July 3, 2010
- This week, baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel.
- His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain.
- His bones are soaking up lots of calcium. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited into baby's hardening skeleton each day.
- He continues to be very active!
- The foot/ankle/leg swelling isn’t nearly as bad this week, I think most of that was due to my sunburn. My feet/ankles do swell by the end of the day but it’s much more manageable now, it isn’t painful to walk at least.
- I haven’t been sleeping the greatest lately. The night usually goes something like this:
1. Start out on my left side, because that’s what they say to do, my arm falls a sleep.
2. Flip over to my right side, my hip starts hurting and my leg falls a sleep.
3. Get up to use the bathroom.
4. Get back in bed and try the left side thing again, oh wait, my arm’s a sleep again.
5. Try the right side thing again, oh yeah, my leg is tingling again.
6. Last resort; try laying on my back with a pillow propping up my right hip so supine hypotensive syndrome doesn’t occur.
7. Finally fall a sleep for a bit and wake up to my back hurting.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 until alarm goes off declaring it’s time to “wake up”…it’s a vicious cycle of uncomfortable.
- My weight: 150 lbs at my appointment on 7/2.
- Blood pressure: 105/70
- Baby’s heart rate: 150 bpm
- We are planning on painting the purple room green next weekend, I think I’ve finally settled on a color.
- My appointment went well except they said I gained 7 lbs in 2 weeks! Apparently that’s not a good thing…
- Our 2nd childbirth class went well also, not much to report there. She talked for most of the class, showed a video and talked some more.