Saturday, May 1, 2010
- Baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. Around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against the torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of the head to the bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, it’s measured from head to toe.)
- He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system.
- He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
- I’ve hit the halfway mark in the pregnancy!!
- The top of the uterus is about level with the belly button.
- They say to expect to gain a pound or so each week from now on.
- Still getting lots and lots of headaches, at least 3-4 times a week. Some days I wake up with a pounding headache that just gets worse throughout the day. I am prone to migraines anyway and they say headaches are normal during the 2nd trimester. Sometimes I take Tylenol but it usually doesn’t do any good so most of the time I don’t even bother taking it.
- Lots of movement going on, and it seems to be higher up now too!
- My weight: 131 lbs according to the wii.