Saturday, May 15, 2010
- Baby is now about 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound; he is starting to look like a miniature newborn.
- His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums.
- His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.
- Fine hair (lanugo) covers his body and he has deep wrinkles in his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in.
- Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
- May start to notice stretch marks on your abdomen as it expands to accommodate your growing baby – yep, they are there.
- The swelling in my feet and ankles hasn’t been as bad this week although I do expect it to get worse as the weather gets warmer and stays warm.
- Feeling lots of strong baby movement!
- My weight: 136 lbs according to the wii. I think we needed new batteries last time I checked it on there because my weight went down but now it’s back up.
- Nursery plans are coming along, we have the theme picked out and we think we may have the wall color picked out also.
- We have acquired a few items already also: a bassinet, crib, mattress, bouncer seat, a play mat and some clothes.
- Also, Alex and Tim like to talk to my belly and explain what's going on around us, as if the baby has a clue what they are talking about, but it's funny anyway.