(All photos are clickable) (Above photos courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/)
- This week baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark.
- He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening.
- The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
- Feeling some achiness and even numbness in my fingers, wrists, and hands. Like many other tissues in your body, those in your wrist can retain fluid, which can increase pressure in the carpal tunnel, a bony canal in your wrist. Nerves that run through this "tunnel" may end up pinched, creating numbness; tingling, shooting or burning pain; or a dull ache.
- He is still very active in there. Other people (other than Alex and Tim) have gotten to see and feel his movements and are fascinated by him.
- Still having back pain and nerve pinching back pain. I guess that’s going to be the new normal until the end, it’s not too bad most of the time.
- The Braxton Hicks contractions are still occurring, also a new normal until the end.
- My weight: 154 lbs at my last doctor appointment on 7/30.
-Blood pressure: 110/75
- Baby’s heart rate: 150 bpm
- Measuring 36 weeks pregnant, (3 weeks bigger!). They said if I measure 3 weeks bigger again they will schedule another ultrasound to see exactly how big he is.
- Post 36 hour hospital stay hence the appearance and burses on the arm.