Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

35 Weeks

(All photos are clickable) (Above photos courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/)

Baby:

- Baby is now about 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (a honeydew melon).
- He doesn't have much room to maneuver now and because he’s so snug in there, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same.
- His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products.
- Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Mom:

- I had the Group B strep test done at my doctor appointment this week; we will get the results next week.
- His movements are pretty steady, he has periods where he is very active for what seems like forever then he just goes to sleep for a bit. When he’s being super active I wonder what he’s doing in there. lol
- The contractions are the same. Sometimes I will have a bunch within a short time then I’ll only have 3-4 the rest of the day. There is no rhyme or reason to them…yet.
- The doctor said I can start weaning off the Procardia so I’m totally off of it by 36 weeks (next Tuesday). Yay, no more waking up several times throughout the night to take it!!
- The swelling in my feet is pretty constant now, they don't go down by morning like they once did. The doctor said it's normal so I'm not worried about it.
- My weight: 155 lbs at my last doctor appointment on 8/12.
-Blood pressure: 117/78
- Baby’s heart rate: 155 bpm
- Measuring 36 1/2 weeks

Other News:

- I was surprised with TWO baby showers this week! Once I get the pictures from everyone I’ll put them up.
- Alex started reading The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth - Husband Coached Childbirth book. From what he has told me so far it sounds like it is definitely worth a try!
- The jungle nursery is coming along. Only a few finishing touches left to do, not including finding a dresser (see below). Once it's finished I’ll do a nursery post with before, during and after pictures.
- We are still in search of a dresser/changing table. I finally decided on the style I want, I just don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for it. lol


















Photo Notes:

- OMG, my face looks HUGE in this picture! This is the first time I've looked at this picture and OMG is all I can say!!
- Those bruises on my are are still there from almost 3 weeks ago when I was in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment? Please do, I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...