Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

13 Weeks

(Click to enlarge) (Above photos courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/)

Baby:

- Almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce. (They couldn’t come up with a more appealing food picture than a shrimp? Ick!)
- Fingerprints have formed on tiny fingertips.
- Veins and organs are clearly visible through still-thin skin.
- All twenty teeth have formed and are waiting under the gums.
- Baby can smile and vocal cords are quickly developing.

Mom:

- This is the last week of the first trimester.
- Apparently I’m supposed to be eating 300 extra calories a day, I’m pretty sure I don’t even eat the normal 2,000 a day let a lone any extra.
- The eating is getting better though, I am eating normal meals more often during the day now.
-Drinking is always a chore, I really didn’t require much liquid before getting pregnant so I try and force myself to drink more and it doesn’t go over too well.
- Headaches are still there on and off, some weeks are better than others with this.
- I have been having more and more stomach aches. I’m not sure if this is because I’m eating more variety and my stomach isn’t used to it or maybe I’m just choosing the wrong foods to eat.
- They say this is usually the most enjoyable and comfortable part of pregnancy as the feelings of sickness are ending (or soon will be) and your tummy is still small enough that it is not getting in the way or making you feel uncomfortable, we’ll see.
- My weight is still 125 lbs, according to the wii.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the shrimp thing..not the way I'd want to imagine my developing baby

    ReplyDelete

Comment? Please do, I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...