Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

12 Weeks





























Click to enlarge) (Above photos courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/)

Baby:

- Just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs about half an ounce.
- Fingers will soon begin to open and close, toes will curl, eye muscles will clench, and mouth will make sucking movements.
- Intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into the abdominal cavity about now.
- Kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
- Nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously.
- Face looks unquestionably human: eyes have moved from the sides to the front of the head, and the ears are right where they should be.

Mom:

- More comfortable in loose, less restrictive clothing – yes please!
- Not as tired throughout the day anymore, usually starts in the evening and I’m ready for bed around 9pm.
- Eating more than just toast and fruit now. I can usually manage a bagel for breakfast, a morning snack, a normal lunch and an afternoon snack. I think I’ll try adding dinner back into my day soon though. I really want to eat dinner but so far if I try I usually feel sick for the rest of the night.
- Headaches are back and stronger than ever! I’m currently on day 3 with the same migraine.
- I had my intake appointment on Thursday, March 4th (12 weeks and 2 days along).
     - Blood pressure: 123/74
     - Weight: 125 lbs
     - Babies heart rate: 168 bpm (It was 170 bpm during the ultrasound, staying nice and high for a little girl...or so they say.)
     - They said all I can really do for the headaches is ice packs and a dark room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment? Please do, I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...