(Click to enlarge) (Above photos courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/)
- Baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple).
- Baby is busy moving amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop.
- Legs are growing longer than the arms now, and all of the joints and limbs can move.
- Although the eyelids are still fused shut, baby can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, baby will likely move away from the beam.
- Taste buds are forming even though there isn’t much to taste at this point.
- Well into the swing of pregnancy, but sometimes surprised by an unexpected symptom now and then.
- My stuffed up nose can probably be chalked up to the combined effect of hormonal changes and increased blood flow to your mucous membranes. This condition is so common, there's even a name for it: "rhinitis of pregnancy." Mine is ALWAYS stuffy and it’s annoying and nasty.
- They say I should start to feel movement any time now and that you can usually start feeling it between 16 – 20 weeks.
- Headaches are still there on and off, some weeks are better than others with this.
- My weight was 127 lbs at our last doctor’s appointment, Friday 3/26.
- Our next appointment is April 23rd and we will have another ultrasound done and hopefully find out if it’s a boy or girl!