(Click to enlarge) (Above photos courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/)
- From head to bottom, baby measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and weighs 1 1/2 ounces.
- Baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb.
- Thanks to brain impulses, the facial muscles are getting a workout as the tiny features form one expression after another.
- The kidneys are producing urine, which is releases into the amniotic fluid around the baby — a process he'll keep up until birth.
- Starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over the body.
- The liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it's doing its job right — and the spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells.
- The start of the second trimester!
- Energy is likely returning.
- Queasiness gone!
-The top of the uterus is a bit above the pubic bone, which may be enough to push your tummy out a tad.
- Headaches are still there on and off, some weeks are better than others with this.
- I have been eating more but still drinking the same (probably not enough).
- We will be able to fine out if it’s a boy or a girl in about 6 weeks!
- This week my weight is 127 lbs, according to the wii.