Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

18 Weeks

(Click to enlarge) (Above photos courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/)

Baby:

- Baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces.
- Baby's busy flexing arms and legs.
- Blood vessels are visible through thin skin, and ears are now in their final position.
- A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around the nerves, a process that will continue for a year after birth.

Mom:

- I'm hungry more often, about every 2 hours but have a hard time deciding on what I want to eat. It seems no matter what we have I never want any of it.
- Loving maternity clothes! They are so comfy I might keep wearing them even after I have the baby. Ha ha just kidding!
- The cardiovascular system is undergoing dramatic changes, and during this trimester blood pressure will probably be lower than usual.
- From now on, I’m supposed to lie on my side — or at least partly tilted to one side. (When you lie flat on your back, your uterus can compress a major vein, leading to decreased blood return to your heart.).
- Feeling more and more baby movement for longer periods of time. Alex even got to feel movement on Monday night!
- My weight: 129 lbs according to the wii.
- ONE week (6 days actually) until our ultrasound appointment!
- During this ultrasound the doctors will check baby’s growth, screen for certain birth defects, check the placenta and umbilical cord, determine whether the due date we are working with is accurate, and see how many babies I’m carrying (We had an ultrasound at 10 weeks and we already know there’s just 1 baby). During the exam, we might see baby moving around or sucking its thumb. I’ll post the pictures asap!

No picture of me this week, Tuesday I was sick, Wednesday we were busy with baseball, Thursday I forgot and Friday my photographer was working (as well as today). I’ll get one for next week.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's amazing how fast the baby is changing. I'm excited for your ultrasound appointment too! It will be neat to know if the tiny person inside you is a boy or a girl. Just a few more days!

    ReplyDelete

Comment? Please do, I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...