Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

19 Weeks



(Click to enlarge) (Above photos courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/)

Baby:

- Baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato.
- Baby's sensory development is exploding! The brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.
- Some research suggests that baby may be able to hear voices from outside now.
- Arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of the body now.
- Kidneys continue to make urine and hair on the scalp is sprouting too.
- A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on the skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Mom:

- Still hungry pretty much all the time now. I am in no way complaining about this because I love to eat!
- I think I’m experiencing some round ligament pain, which is normal. I feel weird pains every once in a while in my sides and abdomen. Apparently the ligaments that support the uterus are stretching to accommodate its increasing weight.
- Still getting lots and lots of headaches, at least 3-4 times a week. Some days I wake up with a pounding headache that just gets worse throughout the day. I am prone to migraines anyway and they say headaches are normal during the 2nd trimester. Sometimes I take Tylenol but it usually doesn’t do any good so most of the time I don’t even bother taking it.
- Feeling lots of baby movement, usually for a little while in the morning and again at night. Alex and Tim are now able to feel the movements from the outside too! They both think it’s really cool!
- My weight: 130 lbs at my 19 week appointment (3/23).
- Blood pressure: 115/76
- Baby’s heart rate: 148 bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment? Please do, I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...