Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

40 Weeks

(All photos are clickable) (Above photos courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/)
Baby:

- He has now reached his due date!! He can really come ANY time now!
- The average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long.
- His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

Mom:

- Yes, we are STILL waiting. After months of anticipation, our due date rolls around, and...I’m STILL pregnant.
- I was originally given two due dates (at two different times), the first date was 9/14 - today, (later confirmed by ultrasound) and the second date was 9/15. I didn’t really think much of it because they were just one day apart, no big deal. I had been considering Tuesday’s as the day my weeks “switch over” so today, Tuesday 9/14, is the original/official “due date”.
- I have an appointment tomorrow (9/15) for another check up, an ultrasound and a nonstress test to see how things are doing in there and weather I can/should continue being pregnant or if it’s better to be induced. My doctor’s office will let me go 10 days past my due date before inducing as long as everything is happy and healthy with mom and baby. So in theory I could still be pregnant up until September 25!! Ahhhh, that’s seems so crazy!!
- He’s still squirming around in there, as much as he can anyway.
- Still swollen but still no signs of preeclampsia.
- The skin on my stomach is sooo stretched out that it actually feels like my skin is ripping in order to accommodate his ever growing body, very painful!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment? Please do, I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...