- He is just PERFECT!!
- I can’t believe he is already 1 week old!!
- He’s eating every 3 hours, or so.
- Pooing/peeing more than that. (Stay away from Babies R’ Us brand diapers!!!)
- He’s sleeping most of the time (during the day that is). He doesn’t seem to like sleeping in his bassinet though, he prefers…well, anywhere else actually!
- Up until last night he seemed to have his days/nights totally backwards (apparently that’s normal with newborns though). He is wide awake between 11pm and 3am and sound asleep during most of the day light hours. Although yesterday/last night he slept for most of the day (really, he was only awake for maybe an hour total not including feedings) AND most of the night! He ate around 11pm and we were ready for a wide awake baby but he went right back to sleep. We tried to lay him down and he wanted nothing to do with that but he did stay sleeping while we held him so we waited and watched an episode of ER and tried again to lay him down and this time it worked, he stayed sleeping! He only woke up to eat around 2am ish, then again around 6:30am. Woo Hoo! Now I know this could have just been a fluke so I’m not getting too excited about his days/nights switching around that easily.
- He has had a few belly aches the past few days but we are working through it pretty well.
- So far he likes his bouncer seat, swing and play mat as well as just being held and we love holding him because he’s just so cute, cuddly and adorable!!
- He had his 1st check up on Thursday (9/23) and they said he looked perfect.
- He was already back up to his birth weight of 8 lbs 4oz and was 20 ¾ inches long.
- His umbilical cord fell off on Friday 9/24.
- He attended his very first soccer game yesterday (9/25) to watch his big brother WIN! Ok, he slept for the entire game but still, we were there!
- Recovering pretty well.
- Trying to rest and “take it easy” but it’s hard when there are things I want to do! Although the more I try to do the more pain it causes so I know I should really just stop.
- We are breastfeeding and so far it seems to be going pretty well. I had prepared myself for a long challenging road ahead with this but it hasn’t been as bad as I was expecting…so far. We did have some trouble with it in the hospital until one wonderful nurse introduced us to the greatest invention ever. lol
- My weight: 145 lbs (according to the wii), rapidly dropping!